Sunday morning, feeling very tempted to go off plan for the day I decided I’d do a bit of baking, slimming world style.
I had made the coconut macaroons from the slimming world website before and really enjoyed them and at 2 syns each they were well worth it. But this time I fancied chocolate. So I got my thinking cap on and with the help of different recipes/techniques off google and working out syns from the SW app, I came up with these Coconut and Choc meringues.
This recipe makes:
47 small meringues at 1 syn each.
30 medium meringues 1.5 syns each
24 large meringues 2 syns each.
It’s entirely up to and your preference but the whole recipe is 47 syns.
- 3 egg whites
- 150g sugar (30syns)
- 50g desiccated coconut (15syns)
- 2tsp cocoa, sieved (2syns)
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees
- Line 2/3 baking trays with grease proof paper
- Using a clean, dry bowl, whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until stiff peaks form
- Mix the coconut and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl, then fold into egg mixture
- Using a piping bag or two spoons if you prefer, divide the mixture into 47 small meringues
- Bake at 140 degrees for 40 minutes
- Allow to cool on tray before removing.
These meringues can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week
As always, if you try them out tag me in your pictures on instagram @laur21_sw or post them in the comments below!!