I recently messed around with a few different types of veg and seasonings to find a quick soup, full of speed that can help boost weight loss. I’ve come up with the following recipe which I’m sure has a million other variations but this is the one I like. It freezes well, keeps in the fridge for around 4-5 days and is perfect on a cold, blustery day with a nice toasted sandwich on the side.
Of course you can always add or remove any of the ingredients to suit yourself. This recipe is Syn Free, SP friendly and serves 3-4 people.
- 4-5 medium/large carrots
- 2 medium/1 large turnip(swede)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 chilli (or 1tsp frozen diced chilli)
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- Coriander to taste
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat a pan on medium heat & spray with low calorie cooking spray
- Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 mins until soft.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until veg is tender. Roughly 35-40 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend until smooth.
- Serve with some fresh coriander on top (alternatively parsley works well)